Velrune and Fimian were brought to the Durst House by Phin in order to get some sleep and find some supplies. While there, the party learned that the house had many curiosities such as magical dinnerware and library, along with many secrets such as a hidden attic and library. There must be more secrets to find.
After a nights rest the party set off toward the Tser Pool Encampment where they were told they would find Madam Eva. Two Vistani men met up with the party, one was named Radu Radovich, who was out searching for a missing Vistani girl named Arabelle, who had been gone a day.
Upon reaching the River Ilvis Crossroads Fimian saw himself hanging upon the gallows. The party assured him it was not him, but he knows what he saw. Meanwhile, Velrune, acting strangely, set off toward Castle Ravenloft instead of Tser Pool.
At the Tser Pool Encampment Madam Eva was waiting, greeting each character in her tent as if she could see their entire lives before them. She proceeded to give them a fortune reading. She laid out 5 cards in a cross:
1) Lady Blackwood, this card tells of history and power. Knowledge of the ancient will help you understand yourself and your enemy. The Master of Coins is a wounded soldier returning from war, embraced by a loving family. I see a nest of ravens. There you will find your prize.
2) Fimian Frostfury. This card speaks of a powerful force for good and protection, a holy symbol of great hope. The two of pentacles, a missionary, dances with her silver pentacles against the night sky. Although her moves may seem effortless, they come with great practice and concentration, which you will need to find harmony. I see a garden dusted with snow, watched over by a scarecrow with a sack cloth grin. Look not to the garden but to the guardian.
3) Velrune, shadow of “Heironeous”, your card is one of power and strength. It tells of vengeance, a sword of sunlight. The five of pentacles is a lost soul, searching for salvation. I see walls of skulls, a chandelier of arms, and a table of bones – all that remains of enemies long forgotten.
4) This card sheds light on one who will help you greatly in the battle against darkness. AH [Madam Eva says, flipping the card], the worst of all truths. The Emporer dominates all around him with confidence. Pleased with his achievements he looks towards other areas of conquest. You must face the evil of this land alone!
5) Your enemy is a creature of darkness, whose powers are beyond mortality. This card will lead you to him. In this card the fool begins his journey by wandering into the Ilvis, unaware of his surroundings. He has no experience of life therefor he has no fear of it. I see Strahd, dwelling with the one whose blood sealed his doom, a brother snuffed out too soon. Here you must be ready to make your stand against the Dark Lord or die.
After the reading the party dispersed and enjoyed the festivities of the Vistani encampment if only for a night.